Friday, March 14, 2008

Update on Nate

Being Nate was starting on his third day of a fever, I took him into the doctor yesterday. She did an influenza swab (he didn't appreciate that swab up his nose one bit) which was negative, and a strep test which also turned up negative. She said his lungs sounded clear, despite that nasty congested cough. I was satisfied knowing it was none of the big things....and we headed home. Today the doctor called and said she was going to call in a prescription just in case the fever was still around on Saturday. She figured it would save us a trip to the ER. But, since Nate hadn't had a fever since yesterday morning, I figured we wouldn't be needing it. In fact I told Kyle "I would be shocked if we needed to fill it"! Well, that will teach me!! Five minutes later, there was that fever again, probably just to spite me. I am still optimistic he won't need the antibiotics, but am not as confident as I was a little bit ago.

2 comments:

  1. The lingering illnesses this winter have been a hoot of a time :) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, predictably to everyone but me, he's on the antibiotics :) and it must have been something bacterial because he is much improved since starting them.

    ReplyDelete

You Say Goodbye and I Say Hello

After saying goodbye to Lucy we knew we wanted another friend, and we also knew that a cat was more suitable to our busy lifestyle than anot...