Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Saying Goodbye






Was so much harder than I ever thought it would be, especially saying goodbye to everyone at the schools. Ben had his winter concert on his last day of school, and there I sat with tears streaming down my face during the last song (jingle bells was never that sentimental before). We have been working with all the incredible people in the early childhood department since Nate was 2, and I underestimated how hard it would be to say goodbye to everyone. Although watching all Nate's friends say goodbye to him the next day wasn't any easier. I still get teary eyed when I think about it, but am looking forward to meeting and working with everyone at the Grand Rapids schools. I even had a difficult time when I went around to all the doctors to sign release forms for the kids records to be mailed to me. Reflecting back on all these goodbyes, I realize how much my life revolved around special education services and doctors appointments for many years. Although I will miss everyone, I am equally as relieved that Nate is doing well enough that we can confidently move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Say Goodbye and I Say Hello

After saying goodbye to Lucy we knew we wanted another friend, and we also knew that a cat was more suitable to our busy lifestyle than anot...