Last night Kyle had to go to the hardware store. I thought it would be fun to get out of the house, so decided we would all go with him. At first Nate didn't appreciate this idea because it meant that he had to take off his firefighter outfit. He protested (loudly) until I told him he could pretend Kyle's truck is a firetruck. This worked out fine.
My good intentions continued to turn bad when we pulled up to the hardware store and Ben excitedly said "Yes, now I can get ice cream!". What I failed to remember was that the other night when Ben and I went there to make copies of our house keys, Ben wanted ice cream. I had told him no, and being the master negotiator that he is he continued to make a deal with me. I finally yes, the next time we come here you can get ice cream (thinking that we are moving and won't be back to this store). I remembered this deal quickly upon arrival at the store, but was saved when they were closing the doors for the evening and we didn't even get to go in.
Off to Home Depot we went. Which all went well until we got back into the truck afterwards, and Nate called it a fire truck. Ben immediately disagreed saying it was just a truck. Which of course Nate got upset about. They continued to fight about it the entire way home. It was a very long 3 miles.
Everyone was definitely ready for bed when we got home, most of all me.
A blog for sharing stories about our family and our many adventures both big and small.
Wednesday, December 12, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You Say Goodbye and I Say Hello
After saying goodbye to Lucy we knew we wanted another friend, and we also knew that a cat was more suitable to our busy lifestyle than anot...
-
One of the many hats I wear at Deer River HealthCare Center is that of a therapist educating individuals who are going to have the lap-band ...
-
I recently wrote up the following for a former classmate who had a recent eye cancer scare with her young baby. She had asked if I would sha...
I'm sure it was a frustrating night, but what a great story!
ReplyDelete