Saturday, July 14, 2007

I am now OFFICIALLY old

No, I didn't have a birthday, but I did have an eye exam.

I told my eye doctor that I had been having problems reading lately, something I REALLY notice since I am in grad school. I figured it was just due to the fact that my eyes had become slightly farsighted as opposed to nearsighted at my last eye exam. However, I hadn't changed the prescription in my glasses deciding to try contacts instead. I had a hard time with the contacts though because it was difficult to shift from reading to looking at things further away without a period of blurriness. So, after checking my eyes out, he told me that I was having difficulty maintaining focus up close. This didn't sound off the alarm bells, but when he said he was considering bifocals I was completely thrown through a loop! He decided to just try a prescription that was more farsighted for me and see if that helps before taking the jump to bifocals. However, I now know that they are going to be in my future a lot sooner than I ever expected. With my luck with glasses lately (see earlier entry about Nate's glasses) these will probably not work out and I will be back shortly (paying even more than the new pair of glasses I just bought myself), to get a pair of bifocals. Yikes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Say Goodbye and I Say Hello

After saying goodbye to Lucy we knew we wanted another friend, and we also knew that a cat was more suitable to our busy lifestyle than anot...