Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Infrastructure


Maybe...just maybe, there are things we should be worrying about in our own country as well! This was unnecessary, and should not have happened. However, maybe it has opened some eyes to issues that need to be addressed. One being the aging infrastructure in the U.S. Anyone remember the steam pipe explosion in New York recently? That seems to have disappeared from people's minds rather quickly. Something tells me that events like this are, unfortunately, going to become more common due to years of neglect. I wish I could quote the source, but somewhere recently I heard that repairing or replacing bridges is not "sexy", building new stadiums is. Unfortunately, lives lost due to such ways of thinking is not all that glamorous either.

Photo Credit: The New York Times

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Say Goodbye and I Say Hello

After saying goodbye to Lucy we knew we wanted another friend, and we also knew that a cat was more suitable to our busy lifestyle than anot...