Are very expensive, if you buy them from the vendor that visits the school and gives the students nice catalogs.
You order your class ring when you are a sophomore, and to my surprise Nate brought all the info home with great interest. I was even more shocked by the prices ($400+). So, I did a little bit of research and discovered that Walmart has customized class rings, for a price that doesn't give me a heart attack. So Nate chose an American flag (SO SO him) and a Class of 2020 symbol, and we ordered him one.
It arrived today, and I have to admit I was not so sure how good a Walmart ring would look. I figured it would look entirely cheap. However, I was shocked at how good it looked.
We did go with a small version, rather than the traditional large male version. Nate's fingers are so small, the larger one would look really out of place. He was also not at all interested in having his birthstone, amethyst as the stone. So instead chose tangerine for his school colors (orange and black). Not sure that the pictures do it justice, but here you go!
A blog for sharing stories about our family and our many adventures both big and small.
Monday, October 16, 2017
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You Say Goodbye and I Say Hello
After saying goodbye to Lucy we knew we wanted another friend, and we also knew that a cat was more suitable to our busy lifestyle than anot...
-
One of the many hats I wear at Deer River HealthCare Center is that of a therapist educating individuals who are going to have the lap-band ...
-
I recently wrote up the following for a former classmate who had a recent eye cancer scare with her young baby. She had asked if I would sha...
Very cool! I remember not getting one either because even that long ago, the prices were entirely unreasonable!
ReplyDelete