I have never been one to make too many New Years Resolutions, or spend much time or effort trying to meet them. However, as 2015 ended and we ushered in 2016 I definitely had some goals for myself.
1. Start writing the blog again.
Early this school year, Ben needed to write his autobiography. One that needed to be at least 8 pages long. When he had already covered where he was born, swimming, and music he had about half a page. I suggested he use the blog as a reference point, a way to expand on his stories with more content. It worked really well, and he was able to come up with an 8 page autobiography of himself entitled "A Musical Life". He did really well on it and it is something that will be a treasure for us for years to come. In the process he really enjoyed reading through all of the old blog entries. His comment to me as he finished was "You really need to start this blog up again". As I read through some of the old entries I realized what a treasure it was, and realized an entire year had gone by without any new contributions. I decided right then that, yes, I did need to keep this blog active.
2. Do SOMETHING with my photography.
Photography has long been something that I enjoyed. I am always looking for an opportunity to get my camera out. The kids, much to their disdain at times, are a favorite subject. My nieces and nephews are still younger and more willing subjects. I volunteered to shoot a wedding for a couple at our nursing home residents at work, with very good results. Sports photography is something that has come out of necessity for all the kids activities, while taking pictures of their friends for their parents to treasure as well. Landscapes and nature bring an opportunity for family togetherness (until the boys get sick of me asking them to pose) and the opportunity to shoot my favorite subject (mother nature). I have always said that when I am ready to move up into the next level camera, I would try to do so out of earnings from my work. Keeping this in mind, my goal this year was just to get my work out there. Not really with the goal of earning money, just to begin doing SOMETHING with my work. I have already taken a huge step towards this goal, and more details will follow in another post.
3. Do SOMETHING with my Fit Bit.
I got a bought a Fit Bit for myself last year, and was really good for awhile about tracking steps, tracking what I ate, and keeping active. About 2 months ago, I got a notification that the battery was running low and needed to be charged. So, I plugged it into the charger and two months later it is still sitting there plugged into the charger. So it is time to dust it off, resume some "challenges" with some supportive friends, and keep healthy!
So, here is to a happy and healthy New Year, and a blog that will again be much more active than it has been in the last year and a half!
A blog for sharing stories about our family and our many adventures both big and small.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You Say Goodbye and I Say Hello
After saying goodbye to Lucy we knew we wanted another friend, and we also knew that a cat was more suitable to our busy lifestyle than anot...
-
One of the many hats I wear at Deer River HealthCare Center is that of a therapist educating individuals who are going to have the lap-band ...
-
I recently wrote up the following for a former classmate who had a recent eye cancer scare with her young baby. She had asked if I would sha...
I'm so happy to see you start the blog back up! It's a great way for me to see what's new and look back on the old posts and enjoy them again!
ReplyDelete