To find a Christmas tree we went. We decided to get a real tree this year, and we decided to do it legally (as opposed to stealing one from someone's property). So the day after Thanksgiving, I ventured (literally since they hadn't plowed their parking lot) over the the DNR office in Deer River before work to purchase a Christmas tree tag. An unfortunate change in Thanksgiving plans because of the stomach flu at the Eau Claire Bartholomew house, found us out in the Chippewa National Forest looking for the perfect tree. It was perfect, the snow we had gotten the other day was still on the ground, the temp was warm.....but not too warm, and Lucy ran excitedly around us happy to be off a leash. We found a very nice tree, but overestimated it's size a bit. We made it work though. I was very glad to be able to bring my camera along for the first time since my surgery to document the day.
A blog for sharing stories about our family and our many adventures both big and small.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You Say Goodbye and I Say Hello
After saying goodbye to Lucy we knew we wanted another friend, and we also knew that a cat was more suitable to our busy lifestyle than anot...
-
One of the many hats I wear at Deer River HealthCare Center is that of a therapist educating individuals who are going to have the lap-band ...
-
I recently wrote up the following for a former classmate who had a recent eye cancer scare with her young baby. She had asked if I would sha...
Looks like an awesome day, and a gorgeous tree. I love Christmas!
ReplyDelete