Sunday, April 07, 2013

An American Presidential Experience

The boys and I drove to Duluth today to go to the Home and Builders Show. The booth and vendors were cool. The tractors the kids climbed on we're way cool. The toilet full off tootsie rolls was wicked awesome. Ben's favorite was the large room size bird cage filled with parakeets. As the birds swarmed by my head I couldn't help think of my sister-in-law Sara and the nightmare that would have been for her. Ben also really enjoyed the puppy's at the Britain Kennel Club booth.

However, the highlight of the show, and the REAL reason for the drive down was the American Presidential Experience exhibits. It started off with a replica Oval Office, which was the perfect picture opportunity.

Along with the Oval Office there was also a small display of First Lady ball gowns. We saw Mary Todd Lincoln, Jackie Kennedy, Eleanor Roosevelt, and Hilary Clinton. They also had a small gift shop with all kinds of presidential stuff. They boys each got an Air Force One hat, and Nate got a t-shirt as well. Speaking of Air Force One:

Yeah, there was one of those as well. This was Nate's favorite part of the show. I am just happy we got away without spending a fortune at the booth with the WWII Lego kits.

 

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness - that bird experience does sound like a nightmare. I'm glad I didn't read right before bed!

    The rest of the adventure looks awesome. So glad you got to enjoy it together!

    ReplyDelete

You Say Goodbye and I Say Hello

After saying goodbye to Lucy we knew we wanted another friend, and we also knew that a cat was more suitable to our busy lifestyle than anot...