Kyle- Kyle had his last class session last Friday (the 13th). He defended (very well I might add) his thesis on Saturday, which concludes any work he needs to do for his degree. The kids wanted to have a "party" the afternoon he was done. So we put up decorations, set wine out on ice to chill (sprite for the kids), made cards, and got Kyle his graduation gift (a Kindle now that he has time to read something other than school work). It was an amazing day in Grand Rapids, and we took advantage of the nice weather to drive out to a local lake which we are fond of. It was nice to spend some time throwing rocks into the lake, letting Lucy run through the woods, and throw a football around. That night we even managed a fire in the backyard. It just made it all yearn for Summer, in return we got a dose of reality (see pictures in Spring post below). The only thing left is graduation and a reception on April 27th. We are all very excited to celebrate with him and his classmates. I hope that it ends up being a glorious sunny spring day in the cities. Here are a few pictures from our adventures last Sat.
Lucy and Bitsy - Bitsy was sleeping on the couch when Lucy jumped up and plopped down nearly on top of her. Bitsy just looked at Lucy for a minute (I seriously imagine her saying "really??"), adjusted slightly so she was curled up next to Lucy and went back to sleep. They have come so far.
Me: Yeah, I finally got strep (a miracle I think that I had not gotten it before now)....and a week later am still coughing and having problems with fluid in my ears. I do have a doctor appointment tomorrow for another reason, so can have her check some things out. But, I am getting there.




No comments:
Post a Comment