Friday, July 08, 2011

Remembering

We have lost two gentlemen who were near and dear to all of our hearts recently. First was Kyle's great uncle Alvie. Next was Gordy (no relationship explanation needed. For those who knew him, Gordy is sufficient). We went to Gordy's funeral last week, and out of everyone....it seems to have affected Nate the most. Not a day has gone by yet when Nate hasn't told me "I miss Gordy". Tonight however, there was a variation. Tonight he told me "I miss Gordy and Betty Ford". This seemed completely irrelevant and random to me. Until I found out a bit later that Betty Ford had indeed passed away today. Nate knew before anybody else in our house, even Kyle and I with the ever connected news network on our phones. He continues to amaze me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Say Goodbye and I Say Hello

After saying goodbye to Lucy we knew we wanted another friend, and we also knew that a cat was more suitable to our busy lifestyle than anot...