Last year Kyle also built me a raised perennial bed as well. I was very relieved to have all of the flowers make an appearance again this year. Also glad to see the day lilies come up again this year, as they were given to me by a patient. It is getting more than a little bit crowded this year though, and will really need to be thinned out! I plan on moving some of the plants to be along the front of the house below the windows in the kids bedroom. Kyle is very
weary excited about the prospect of building me another garden. Here are some pictures of some of the flowers:
All three of my Salvia plants are what I am planning on moving to a new bed by the house. They are getting HUGE! The bumble bees love these, which doesn't bother me except when I am weeding and don't happen to notice one!
My lupine is in there, struggling for space and sun. He needs more room...love lupines.
I forget what these were, but I believe a type of lavender. I love the very pale purple and the almost indigo blue colors. They need to be moved to the center of the garden as they get so tall. then I can put a decorative pole in the center to help support them.
I'm not an expert on flowers ... but are those delphiniums?
ReplyDeleteLooks like it to me!
ReplyDeleteWish you had gotten that green thumb from me, I could use one around here!
ReplyDeleteI use to be better at killing plants than growing them. I have learned a few lessons. Besides, I remember the gardens in front of the house on 2nd street....no green thumb???
ReplyDelete