Saturday, March 12, 2011

Young Romance

Ahhhh yes, the joys and sorrows of young romance. I have heard all about them this year from Ben, who has been "dating" the same girl "R" all year. She is a cutie, I can't blame him. Since February though, they have apparently been having some difficulties. Ben came home from school on his birthday with a little stuffed animal kitten. It was a birthday gift from "R". However, 2 days later Ben came home and said to me in the most disappointed voice "R" broke up with me". When I asked why he said that she felt he didn't love her enough anymore. I suggested he might want to get her a small Valentines gift since she got him a birthday gift. He wanted nothing to do with it though.

They were on and off for about a month, but must have worked everything out. After pajama day at school (aka Dr. Seuss' birthday where they wear pajamas, bring pillows and blankets, and lay around reading all day...Nate's favorite school day of the year) Ben reported that during recess he took a nap (it was an inside day as it was below zero). He also reported that "R" lay down on his sleeping bag with him and they "rested" together, and that he was very annoyed that people would not leave them alone. Where were the teachers?!?!

Then a couple of nights later Ben told me that he wanted to have a sleepover with "R". I tried to explain that girls don't really sleep over at boys houses. He continued to question me, but finally relented. He got the last word though with "I wish I was married so that "R" could spend the night".

Now when I picked him up after school on Friday, Ben showed me a plastic ring on his finger and announced with the proudest look on his face "R" and I are engaged!!!" I asked if the girl was the one who was suppose to be wearing the ring, and Ben said "well, she already has one". Won't work Ben, she is not spending the night!!

4 comments:

  1. "Uncr" Mike and I love this story SO much. Thank you for sharing it! I always knew that Ben was a casanova. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my goodness! What a long-standing romance! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not as long as his romance last year, that one lasted all year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is too cute :0)! Also, your new blog design inspired me to update ours.

    ReplyDelete

You Say Goodbye and I Say Hello

After saying goodbye to Lucy we knew we wanted another friend, and we also knew that a cat was more suitable to our busy lifestyle than anot...