When we were first married and bought our first house in Ishpeming Michigan, we bought a cute little table and chairs set from Shopko. Being it was from Shopko, the chairs didn't even last until we were moving to the cities a year later. The table has stayed with us though and been accompanied by a variety of mismatched chairs. Here is Grand Rapids, it was accompanied by two different folding chairs, a wicker type chair from Goodwill, and one of our dining room chairs. We have often looked for chairs for it, but it is amazingly difficult to find individual chairs to buy without buying a table as well. At least not for a decent price. I also couldn't justify spending a bunch of money on an entire new set when we had a perfectly good table. So, we were making due with our mismatched set just fine.
Last night, Kyle and Nate went out for a walk by the river. As they were walking back, they came across a kitchen table set with chairs for sale. They told the guy they wanted it and would be right back with the truck. Thirty minutes later I had this new set in the kitchen. I absolutely love it. I also absolutely love the used look it has. I couldn't have picked a better one out myself, and the price was certainly right!
The old table has also gone to good use, giving Kyle extra desk space in the basement to work at.
Nate was exceedingly proud of himself as he sat down to breakfast at the new table this morning. I am glad they decided to walk where they did!
A blog for sharing stories about our family and our many adventures both big and small.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You Say Goodbye and I Say Hello
After saying goodbye to Lucy we knew we wanted another friend, and we also knew that a cat was more suitable to our busy lifestyle than anot...
-
One of the many hats I wear at Deer River HealthCare Center is that of a therapist educating individuals who are going to have the lap-band ...
-
I recently wrote up the following for a former classmate who had a recent eye cancer scare with her young baby. She had asked if I would sha...


No comments:
Post a Comment