Monday, July 05, 2010

I Can't Believe....

......that I lost a kayak race with the Kayak Lady on my team! Maybe I better start at the beginning of our weekend.



On Friday, I took a half a day off, and we loaded up the car heading to Grand Marais for an evening. We arrived around 5:30 to our beautiful hotel room with a magnificent view of Lake Superior. We then walked over to the Angry Trout Cafe to enjoy some fish, homemade root beer, and in the adults case a nice cool glass of beer (although I was pretty envious of the root beer the kids had at that point). We took our time walking back to the hotel along the beech, pausing often for the kids to throw rocks into the lake while Kyle and I relaxed. Once back at the hotel, the kids put their pajamas on and settle in to watch The History Channel (Nate's choice obviously), while Kyle and I enjoyed the balcony and a glass of wine. The kids fell asleep quickly and Kyle and I spend the evening talking and looking at the lake.



In the morning we walked around Grand Marais for a bit before enjoying pizza at Sven and Ole's. Nate ate more than me, but that is not unusual anymore. We then started heading down the shore stopping often at various parks to enjoy the lake. Kyle and I use to do this exact thing when we were dating. I am glad the kids enjoy it as much as we do. We were hoping to get some relief from the heat by the lake, but not this time as it was just as warm as anywhere else.

Sunday we headed out to Johnson Lake for the Johnson's annual 4th of July celebration. There is always a theme and this year it was the Olympics. The rain managed to hold out except for that brief downpour, and it was an enjoyable day. Olympic events included kayak races. Which brings me back to... I can't believe our team lost the kayak race with the Kayak Lady on the team!

2 comments:

  1. Well, at least YOUR team finished. My team, for lack of a better word, SUCKED. oh well, I'm totally going to practice for next year ;)

    p.s. Sara said that if you and Mike had gone at the same time, she wouldn't have put it past you to given him a paddle to the head. :)

    ReplyDelete

You Say Goodbye and I Say Hello

After saying goodbye to Lucy we knew we wanted another friend, and we also knew that a cat was more suitable to our busy lifestyle than anot...