Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Wow

Really nothing has happened in the last month except we had this nasty upper respiratory thing go through the house. Starting with Ben, and then Nate. Both kids were sick for more than a week. Then you realize, WOW, a month has just flown by.

However, in that time our snow has melted, the lawn is raked and starting to turn green, and the kids are out with all the neighborhood kids riding bikes again. Today, we are suppose to have a 70 degree day...and it is my day off, and the kids have no school. We have been lazy this morning, sleeping in and taking it easy. But, I can't wait to get outside. The kids are off until Tuesday, and Kyle will be home with them the next two days. I still have this feeling we will get a snow storm yet this year though.

We went and saw Seussical the Musical last night, and it was loved by all. We certainly love that such high quality shows come to Grand Rapids and take the opportunity to see them whenever possible. I am also glad we were able to call three hours before the show and get a ticket for Kyle right next to the ones I had purchased for the boys and I more than a month ago. Kyle was suppose to be gone this week, but his plans changed.

Unfortunately, on Sunday Kyle leaves for three weeks in Arkansas. The kids and I will certainly miss him. But, at least we have each other. I think Kyle gets the rotten end of the deal. Working long hours, away from his home and family, and living in a hotel for an extended period of time. He does not have the option to plan fun adventures to make the next three weeks go by as quick as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Say Goodbye and I Say Hello

After saying goodbye to Lucy we knew we wanted another friend, and we also knew that a cat was more suitable to our busy lifestyle than anot...