It continues to amaze me that when Nate says something that seems completely off base and crazy, it usually makes perfect sense after I have thought about it for a bit. For instance...
We were working on papers for Nate's upcoming week long gig as storyteller in his classroom. One of them was to fill in biographical information about himself and his school. One was "there are ______ boys and _____ girls in my class besides me". To which Nate replied "2 boys and 3 girls". I laughed thinking there are probably more than that, but this is Nate's response so we will go with it. It was not until I was in his classroom on Wednesday and he was sharing this particular bit of information with his class, until I "got" it. Their desks are separated into groups of 6, and there are 2 boys and 3 girls that sit in his group of desks BESIDE Nate.
Good example of how literal Nate can be.
Reminds me of the time I asked Nate "can I put your glasses on" meaning can I help you put them on. Of course he turned to me and put them on me. After all, I did ask if I could put them on.
A blog for sharing stories about our family and our many adventures both big and small.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You Say Goodbye and I Say Hello
After saying goodbye to Lucy we knew we wanted another friend, and we also knew that a cat was more suitable to our busy lifestyle than anot...
-
One of the many hats I wear at Deer River HealthCare Center is that of a therapist educating individuals who are going to have the lap-band ...
-
I recently wrote up the following for a former classmate who had a recent eye cancer scare with her young baby. She had asked if I would sha...
No comments:
Post a Comment