Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Catching up

I have been really bad about writing updates!

We are nearing the end of swim season. At the start of the season, Ben was scared to swim in the middle school pool. This caused him to miss almost two months of practice before he was willing to go back. My hope at that point was that he would become comfortable enough to swim a length of the pool and participate in practices. Well, he has far exceeded my expectations. He has done three meets now swimming freestyle and backstroke and even participated in relays. He will swim in the sectionals meet this Saturday in Superior, and his relay team is one of only three in his age group. Being that the top four go to state, as long as they don't get disqualified for some reason, Ben will be swimming in the state meet. I am trying to get him to realize how big a deal it is to go to state...but I think the older kids on the team are doing a better job than I am :)

Nate has been at just as many practices and meets cheering the team on, completing homework with my undivided attention for help as needed, and making many friends. We are trying to convince him to swim next year and plan on spending much of the off season teaching him to swim better so he can participate as well. He is hesitant but will feel more comfortable as we work on his swimming I am sure.

Kyle and I have made many new friends as well, as we are amazed at how many like minded families are involved in the Sea Turtle program. It has certainly made us feel even more a part of this community that we love so much. Although we are certainly feeling like it is time for the season to end and for us to have our lives back...I am not as fatigued by it all as I thought I would be.

We haven't had much time for other stuff in our lives, but we have been enjoying the Wii as a family, gone out snow shoeing in the Chippewa National Forest, and have a fun birthday trip for the boys planned at The Edge at the end of February.

Nate has some appointments in the cities coming up in February, but nothing too serious...just an eye polishing and check up with his pulmonologist. Kyle also will be spending a lot of time in Arkansas coming up, but I am choosing not to think about that right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Say Goodbye and I Say Hello

After saying goodbye to Lucy we knew we wanted another friend, and we also knew that a cat was more suitable to our busy lifestyle than anot...