




Christmas week started out with Ben getting the stomach flu on Monday, causing Kyle to start his week and a half vacation two days early. By Tuesday afternoon Kyle had the stomach flu as well, followed quickly by Nate on Tuesday evening. Christmas Eve morning after disinfecting the house and still feeling fine, I thought I had gotten lucky. However, after a delicious Christmas Eve dinner, opening some presents, leaving treat for Santa, and getting the kids in bed...I was not feeling well. I figured I was just exhausted from not sleeping well all week (both kids got sickest in the evening and it continued through the night), and went to bed. However, I quickly discovered that was not the case and was up all night myself sick. Plans to have family come to our place Christmas day were quickly changed, but I was able to at least watch the kids open their presents.
It was up to Kyle to open, assemble, and put batteries in though. Ben got his new bike, and Nate got a Gameboy Advance. We have also aquired a Wii, and have been having a lot of fun bowling, golfing, boxing and playing baseball as a family. Any further plans for Christmas have been put off until this weekend when we will try and make up for time lost on Christmas with all sides of our family. We are looking forward to enjoying family with everyone feeling well, and no adverse weather conditions.
No comments:
Post a Comment