Friday, November 14, 2008

Rough early winter illnesses

It started with Nate about 3 weeks ago, who after having a cold for a week or so, got a high fever. In to the doctor we went, and it turned out he had an ear infection, a sinus infection, and strep throat. So, antibiotics it was...and after a few days he was doing much better.

Ben started out with the same (or a similar) cold, and after a week also got a high fever. However, Ben had more of a cough than Nate did and no sore throat. I had a feeling it wasn't Nate's strep, and I was right. The doctor could hear pneumonia in his lungs! Antibiotics for Ben as well, and an entire week of school missed. He is doing better, but still home from school with me. Today, the fever is finally gone. The cough still gets nasty at times, and he is incredibly wiped out. But, he is doing much much better than he was at the beginning of the week.

Now I can feel a cold coming on. Although I don't have time for a cold, I most certainly don't have time for pneumonia. So, I am going to take it easy this weekend despite my impulse to complete a whole ton of homework. Hopefully this can all clear out of our family by the time Thanksgiving comes around!

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear our buddy Ben is doing much better. We've been thinking of him this week!

    I'm looking forward to seeing you and Nate on Thursday! Hope you are feeling better by then.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am baking cookies right now, so I can't be too bad. Of course, if I am getting a cold nobody will want to eat these cookies anyway. HAHA, maybe that was my plan all along!

    ReplyDelete

You Say Goodbye and I Say Hello

After saying goodbye to Lucy we knew we wanted another friend, and we also knew that a cat was more suitable to our busy lifestyle than anot...