Saturday, November 22, 2008

Catching Up


Here is a picture of the boys in the fireplace. It has become the way to go from the family room to the living room...forget the door that is right next to it!!

We are still fighting illness in the Bartholomew household. Ben is over his pneumonia, and wouldn't you know it Nate got another cold. It seems to be affecting his asthma (or reactive airway as I believe they are still labeling it) a bit, but he is doing fine now that we are doing his nebulizer treatments again. I got the same cold as well, and of course it is doing its fair share to make my asthma act up. I am using my inhaler a lot, taking these cool little "tesslon pearl" pellets to help control my cough, and today I started a short burst of oral steroids. All good fun! Hopefully I can sleep soon without sitting up and coughing all night. I am in my LAST THREE WEEKS of classes, which is exciting...but not exactly the time to be sick. So, I am resting when I can in an attempt to get better.

We took a quick trip to the old neighborhood on Friday. Nate was suppose to go down to have his eye polished and see his pulmonologist. We didn't want to postpone the trip to the pulmonologist due to his recent cold, but I didn't feel good enough to drive him down myself. So, Kyle took the day off and we all drove down to the cities and back...long day. In between appointments, we had time to drive through St. Louis Park and see the old house, drive by the old school, and have lunch at Fudruckers. I wish we would have had time to visit with friends, but we were in such a time crunch it wasn't possible. Plus we didn't want to share any of our illnesses.

Somewhere in there we managed to celebrate my birthday with a dinner out and DQ cake. Now we are looking forward to spending Thanksgiving with family. Considering we can all stay relatively healthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Say Goodbye and I Say Hello

After saying goodbye to Lucy we knew we wanted another friend, and we also knew that a cat was more suitable to our busy lifestyle than anot...