..... you haven't even written about the day that you had to say goodbye to a sweet friend. I think that the thought of writing that down was daunting and sad. So, I avoided it....and then things like swim season happened.
So, before I jump into official catch up mode.....we had to say goodbye to sweet Lucy in October. She was in pain. Like is SO MUCH pain. She couldn't get up and down the stairs, she didn't want to eat, she whined whenever anyone tried to pet her, and she would sit in the family room with her face into a corner. When it came time to head down to the Marching Band state competition in the cities, we knew nobody would board her in this condition. So the time finally came to say goodbye. We had been expecting it, but it was still incredibly difficult. Many many tears were shed the night before.
I made Kyle bring her in, because I knew I would waver about our decision when I got to the vet. She LOVED the vet, and no surprise when she got there was running around the waiting room smelling everything that she could. The hesitated to follow through with our wishes, gave Kyle the talk about how we could control her arthritis pain with pain meds, etc. Kyle stuck to his guns though, so the left the room to get what they needed. When they returned she was laying on the ground whimpering in pain, and they too agreed that the end had come.
You guys, this is supposed to be a quick process, and a minute after the injection, she was still with us and whimpering in pain. At this point Kyle was glad he was the only one there. The vet said that her circulation must have been really bad. When she was finally at peace the vet was able to examine her more and could feel multiple tumors along her spine. We made the right decision. If only they could stay as young, happy, and active as the day you get them.
A blog for sharing stories about our family and our many adventures both big and small.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You Say Goodbye and I Say Hello
After saying goodbye to Lucy we knew we wanted another friend, and we also knew that a cat was more suitable to our busy lifestyle than anot...
-
One of the many hats I wear at Deer River HealthCare Center is that of a therapist educating individuals who are going to have the lap-band ...
-
I recently wrote up the following for a former classmate who had a recent eye cancer scare with her young baby. She had asked if I would sha...
No comments:
Post a Comment