We ran out of room on our CD shelves. We weren't finding any good alternatives that we liked. So, we decided to build. Kyle drew up plans for a floor to ceiling shelf in the dining room. We decided to not put a back on it and do a dark accent color on the wall behind the shelf instead. Which we did, and it looked really nice.
However, this is where it started to spiral. One look at the rest of the walls in the dining room, and we knew that they too had to be painted. So, off to Home Depot we went to get gray paint and I spent the rest of the weekend painting the rest of the dining room. And while we were at it, we might as well update the overhead light above the dining room table too.
The curtains....the ones with holes that have hung there for all of time....those needed to go too. Kyle wanted to keep the transverse rods and pinch pleated style. So the hunt was on. I found some though...and didn't even need to to alterations.
Perfect! Now these walls in the living room and hallway look pretty terrible as well. So, since it was another rainy weekend we spent it painting again.
I am done painting for awhile. There are other places that could use it....but they can wait. For now, I'll enjoy what we have done and listen to music or read instead.
Oooh! I like the green! That is very fresh and happy!!! And I can't wait to see the custom shelf! :)
ReplyDelete