Monday, June 20, 2016

Nate's Bucket List

Nate has wanted to go to the James J Hill house in St. Paul for 3 or 4 years now. We tried last year, only to find out they are closed on the Monday. So when the opportunity came to go there on a Saturday in the cities for cousin Declan's 2nd (!!!!) birthday party, I figured it was a good opportunity to reward Nate for an entire year of A HONOR ROLL (!!!!). We managed to get on the first tour before the insane heat of the day got into the nonairconditioned house. Although I still like Glensheen better, Nate loved it!
A couple of months ago Grandpa Nash sent me a link to an opportunity I knew Nate wouldn't want to miss. A reproduction of Abe Lincoln's funeral train would be at the depot in Duluth. I knew we needed to get him there. So after his follow up appointment in Duluth with orthopedics (went well, still some issues...but is better) we braved the crowds of Duluth on Grandmas Marathon weekend to get to the depot. It was pretty cool. Nate's hero. I see a trip to the Abe Lincoln presidential library in Illinois in our future.
All pictures included below, along with a copy of Nate's REAL bucket list that came home from school with him one day. I think we can work on a couple of those things.

1 comment:

  1. Sign me up to go to London and Paris with him :)
    And Uncle Mike to help him build a garage (and maybe go fishing!)
    What an awesome list!

    ReplyDelete

You Say Goodbye and I Say Hello

After saying goodbye to Lucy we knew we wanted another friend, and we also knew that a cat was more suitable to our busy lifestyle than anot...