Oh, this band aid is a big deal in our house right now. At least for Nate it is. He slammed his finger in the back door many months ago, and he was so upset about the purple nail that we put a band aid on it to cover it up. As long as it was covered he was fine, if he looked at it he would freak out. About a couple of months after that the nail finally fell off, and the remaining nail bed was very sensitive, so the band aid served the necessary purpose of protection.
The nail has since grown back, but it is a little deformed from all the band aid use. It is almost time to cut the nail actually and then it should be completely back to normal. In preparation for this, we removed the band aid the other night, and I had the audacity to suggest that he did not need a band aid anymore. This was met with a cry of anxiety and resistance from Nate. I tried to talk him through it, I tried to calm him down. The only thing that worked was to put a band aid on it.
Someday we may get over it. I will just need some wine to get through the night until Nate gets use to not having it on!
A blog for sharing stories about our family and our many adventures both big and small.
Sunday, February 24, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You Say Goodbye and I Say Hello
After saying goodbye to Lucy we knew we wanted another friend, and we also knew that a cat was more suitable to our busy lifestyle than anot...
-
One of the many hats I wear at Deer River HealthCare Center is that of a therapist educating individuals who are going to have the lap-band ...
-
I recently wrote up the following for a former classmate who had a recent eye cancer scare with her young baby. She had asked if I would sha...
No comments:
Post a Comment