We (or I mainly...but the rest of my family has most certainly been affected) have had kind of a crazy few weeks. The kind of weeks where it doesn't matter if the toilets need to be cleaned, or if the house is a mess. The kind of weeks where you are trying to just take it one day at a time and keep up with the necessities.
It started a few weeks ago when I had a tooth that was infected and needed to be pulled. I had some pain issues afterwards, but due to my drug allergies it is not all that easy to control. Lets just say I was out of it for a day and my Mom had to come up and take care of the kids for me.
After recovering from that, and catching up a little bit...I caught a cold. This is the cold that seems to have been in our house for two months now (Ben missing the first day of school, Ben with pneumonia, Nate missing three days of school, etc). With the boys being sick and then being, if I must admit, a bit too busy it does not surprise me that I got sick. One of the things I promised myself when my tooth got infected was that I would take better care of myself. So, I really did try and take it easy for a couple of days.
However, by the end of the week I knew it wasn't working. I also recognized the cough that I had. I pretty much knew it was bronchitis before the doctor told me I had bronchitis. Again, due to my drug allergies that cough was not easy to control. I did nothing but lay on the couch for three days...but sleeping at night was impossible. Last night I slept 8 full hours without waking up once. It felt amazing.
I am finally feeling better, and more like myself again. I am sure Kyle is happy to have me active again. All he needed was the stress of me being MIA with everything else he has on his plate.
Here's also hoping that things can stay healthy and "normal" for awhile so I can build up my PTO up again!
A blog for sharing stories about our family and our many adventures both big and small.
Wednesday, November 03, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You Say Goodbye and I Say Hello
After saying goodbye to Lucy we knew we wanted another friend, and we also knew that a cat was more suitable to our busy lifestyle than anot...
-
One of the many hats I wear at Deer River HealthCare Center is that of a therapist educating individuals who are going to have the lap-band ...
-
I recently wrote up the following for a former classmate who had a recent eye cancer scare with her young baby. She had asked if I would sha...
You phrased that wrong, Trace...I didn't "have" to come help you...I "got" to come. I loved being there for you and the boys! I would start a Grandma Nash summer camp if they would come :D
ReplyDeleteYeah, but I also said you took care of the kids. If I remember correctly you did a good amount of taking care of me as well ;)
ReplyDelete