
Thursday night I graduated with my masters degree, even though I will not be done with my clinical rotation at the hospital for another 4 weeks. We all headed to the cities Thursday morning in order to be in town for the Thursday evening ceremony (see video below). The college was true to their word that the ceremony was only an hour and a half. The boys got restless, but they made it and were able to watch Mom walk across the stage. I am glad I participated and it was even more important to have Kyle and the kids there as well. It has been a long time coming, and ALOT of hard work! On the way back to Mike and Sara's, Kyle wanted food, so we got Arby's at 10:00 at night and ate a much needed nighttime snack (this is also a tradition of necessity that I did too many Friday evenings when I was in the cities for classes).
On Friday, during the day, we spent the day driving through the old neighborhood in St. Louis Park, having lunch at the McDonald's in St. Louis Park (that I always use to bring the kids to play at when I had homework to do and Kyle was out of town), getting more glass for Kyle to use when making beads, heading back to St. Kate's to buy something with Alumna on it (the only thing left was a coffee mug...good thing I like coffee) trying out various digital pianos (when I get a job I am spending my entire first paycheck or two on a piano for myself), and Kyle surprised me by buying me a gorgeous necklace for graduation.
Friday evening we had dinner with Mike and Sara to celebrate the occasion, which was a lot of fun. Until Nate woke up at 4:00 in the morning throwing up. He never got a fever and was feeling good enough to drive home as scheduled after a fierce game of backyard baseball with Uncle Mike. I think maybe he got some bad Mac and Cheese when we went out. Which made today a long day, but we got home as scheduled and are all feeling glad to be back home with two days left of the weekend still!
Congratulations again! We had so much fun sharing your special weekend with you. Thanks for including us!
ReplyDeletelove, mike, sara, and Yogi (who is STILL tired!)