Saturday, January 24, 2009

Oh My!

This working full time has certainly been an adjustment for me. I am still loving what I am doing, but my body still gets pretty tired. As a result I have done some pretty wacky stuff over the last few weeks.
  • I thought I was completely on top of things one Sunday night when I cut all the vegetables and browned hamburger, getting everything ready to throw in the crock pot for chili the next morning. All day I couldn't wait for chili. Not only because it would be tasty, but because it would already be cooked for me when I got home. However, this plan usually works best when you PLUG the thing in!! I came home and my heart sank when I didn't smell chili cooking.
  • I sent out an email announcing birthday plans for December 7th rather than February 7th. When I realized I had forgotten Ryan and Serena on the email, I forwarded it on to them without correcting the mistake.
  • I grabbed Nate's shoes to put in his backpack on Friday, and didn't realize I grabbed one of Nate's shoes and one of Ben's shoes (they both have a pair of red and black sketchers, but Nate's are velcro and Ben's are tie). Luckily they wear the same size shoe and I grabbed one right and one left shoe. Nate's para went to find Ben in his classroom to see if he had the same mismatched set, but Ben had another pair of tennies with him that day. So, Nate wore the mismatched pair all day at school.
  • I thought that I had wrote in Nate's notebook "He will have cold lunch today but will need to buy a milk". Instead I wrote "Nate will have hot lunch today but he will need to buy a milk". So, he had hot and cold lunch on Friday because his para didn't realize that he had a full cold lunch as well.
I wonder what other humbling stories I will have to share before I am done with all of this!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Say Goodbye and I Say Hello

After saying goodbye to Lucy we knew we wanted another friend, and we also knew that a cat was more suitable to our busy lifestyle than anot...