Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Catching up before it gets crazy

I have a bunch of cute pictures to share, but have not had the time to post them. I am hoping to get to them soon, but in the meantime here are some updates.

We had an offer on our house, and after two weeks of negotiations we are at an agreement. We will close two weeks from tomorrow. Aside from not making payments on an empty house, we will also be glad not to have it sitting empty anymore.

Ben and Nate went in for their well-child checkups yesterday with their new doctor. She was kind enough to take an hour and a half to talk to me and learn about Nate's extensive medical history. I feel comfortable that she will be more than able to care for both boys for years to come. Even more important, the boys like her. Nate was very nervous because the clinic is at the hospital, and he didn't know what he was getting into. He felt much better once I explained it was just like his old pediatrician. Poor guy has seen to much, and knows too much of hospitals!

However, it was Ben who had the traumatic experience of receiving four shots. I knew this was coming as he was due for immunizations. I had mentioned it to him, but didn't want to dwell on it. When the doctor walked into the room he yelled, "NO SHOTS" at her. He screamed like crazy, but didn't fight to get away. Afterwards, with tears streaming down his face he said "I never want to do that again."

Ben had a good birthday. He chose to go to A&W for dinner. I honestly did not set him up to it (most may know of my love for A&W rootbeer). He has played the Leapster hand held game that we got him almost nonstop. At least they are educational games. When I hear it say drive down the rode with the letter that sounds like....I feel better about the fact that he completely disappears into it numerous times a day. Both boys are excited about their party coming up soon.

I am in for a couple of busy weeks with numerous trips down to the cities. But I too am looking forward to seeing family and friends at the birthday party.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Say Goodbye and I Say Hello

After saying goodbye to Lucy we knew we wanted another friend, and we also knew that a cat was more suitable to our busy lifestyle than anot...