When Nate was two he took to a fleece blanket we bought him for his new "big boy" toddler bed. He still wasn't the best talker at this point and called this blanket his "keekoo". Ben has a whole collection of special blankets. He has a fleece blanket that has adopted the same "keekoo" name. He also has three receiving blankets that he cuddles with at night that he has called "trinkies". Although both fleece "keekoos" have seen better days, at least they are not entirely disgusting.
Ben's "trinkies" however, once white, are now black. One is also torn in half. I have been trying to get Ben to get rid of the receiving blankets and just have his "keekoo", but Ben is not giving in. So, I told him we could put his old "trinkies" in a baggy and put it in the special Ben Box. Then, we could go pick out a new one. He enthusiastically agrees, but first he tells me "Mom, this time lets not get cheap ones so they don't rip"!!!!
Off we go to the baby aisle at Target to get receiving blankets. Imagine me buying receiving blankets for a four year old! He finds train ones that are acceptable. We get home, he excitedly picks two out of the pack as his new "trinkies", then immediately runs to his room to find one of the old ones that he still wants to keep. "I want to have this bear one too Mom". I washed all of them and only put out the new ones hoping he will forget the black bear one. We will see, but I am not hopeful...he is too darn smart!
A blog for sharing stories about our family and our many adventures both big and small.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You Say Goodbye and I Say Hello
After saying goodbye to Lucy we knew we wanted another friend, and we also knew that a cat was more suitable to our busy lifestyle than anot...
-
One of the many hats I wear at Deer River HealthCare Center is that of a therapist educating individuals who are going to have the lap-band ...
-
I recently wrote up the following for a former classmate who had a recent eye cancer scare with her young baby. She had asked if I would sha...
No comments:
Post a Comment